[R-pkg-devel] Package removed due to dependency error (but dependency not removed)

Marcelo Araya Salas marceloa27 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 15:55:46 CET 2018

Hi all

I have a couple of packages that depend on a third package (seewave
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/seewave/index.html>). My packages
were removed from CRAN because an issue with this dependency: seewave
produces an error when installed in r-release-osx-x86_64
<https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_flavors.html#r-release-osx-x86_64>.
However, seewave has not been removed (???). It seems a bit unfair to me.
Does anyone have any recommendation on how to proceed from now? They asked
me to wait for 2 days a week ago but nothing has happened and now they are
not responding my emails.

thanks

Marcelo Araya-Salas Ph.D,
Lab of Ornithology, Cornell University
Bioacustics Lab, Universidad de Costa Rica
http://marceloarayasalas.weebly.com