[R-pkg-devel] R-devel warning: You used a knitr feature that depends on the digest package.

David Scott d.scott at auckland.ac.nz
Wed Feb 7 04:22:17 CET 2018

On a package I help maintain, we had a note from Kurt about a warning
when building vignettes on R-devel.

It was

Warning: You used a knitr feature that depends on the digest package.

Checking the location of the error and googling it, I am pretty certain
it comes from cache = true for a chunk in the vignette.

Adding digest as suggested package, I got no warning from winbuilder
using R-devel, but submitting to https://builder.r-hub.io gave me a new
warning from codetools at the same location as previously. Like digest,
codetools is suggested by knitr.

Any advice? One thought is just take off cache = true.

David Scott

David Scott	Department of Statistics
		The University of Auckland, PB 92019
		Auckland 1142,    NEW ZEALAND
Phone: +64 9 923 5055, or +64 9 373 7599 ext 85055
Email:	d.scott at auckland.ac.nz,  Fax: +64 9 373 7018