[R-pkg-devel] Help with correcting error in package

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 19:16:05 CET 2018

On Sat, Feb 3, 2018 at 11:44 AM, Dev Chakraborty <dpc10ster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I tried unsuccessfully to upload a package named RJafroc to CRAN. On my OSX
> machine it passes R CMD Check with no errors, warnings or notes. However, I
> get the following output from CRAN, from which I cannot tell which function
> is causing the error (I am truncating the intermediate lines, which appear
> to be the opening screen upon starting R, with ellipses; the full output
> produced by the CRAN pre-test is attached):

Submit your package to http://win-builder.r-project.org.  That will
provide you access to all the output in the Rcheck.RJafroc directory.

Also note that the "Confirmation" step of the submission process
suggests, "You could [run R CMD check] using the win-builder service
at http://win-builder.r-project.org".  And the CRAN Repository Policy
says, "It should be normal for those without Windows machines of their
own to use the winbuilder service to check a package before
submission."  You could also use https://builder.r-hub.io/.  Both are
great resources for the community.

> *** running examples for arch 'x64' ... ERROR*
>

> *Running examples in 'RJafroc-Ex.R' failed*
>

> *The error occurred in:*
>

> *R Under development (unstable) (2018-02-01 r74194) -- "Unsuffered
> Consequences"*
>
> *Copyright (C) 2018 The R Foundation for Statistical Computing*
>
> *Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)*
>

> *R is free software and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.*
>
> *You are welcome to redistribute it under certain conditions*
>

> *...*
>
> *...*
>
> *Type 'q()' to quit R.*
>

> *> pkgname <- "RJafroc"*
>
> *> source(file.path(R.home("share"), "R", "examples-header.R"))*
>

> Thanking you in advance for any help rendered,
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Dev
>
> --
> Dev Chakraborty, PhD