[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: [CRAN-pretest-archived] CRAN submission simpleroptions 0.2.0

Luca Cerone luca.cerone at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 21:07:59 CET 2018

Hi,
first of all thanks Uwe for your time.

About the package writing a file in the home directory, I have a doubt: the
package's aim is to be able to setup configuration files without too much
effort.
Usually the home is a good place to put such file (for example rstudio
creates .rstudio-desktop in your home...).
Is this because the file is created from a vignette, or is it going to be
an issue?
For the vignette, what if I change the location of the file to a temporary
directory? Would that help pass the check?

As it was pointed to me, running devtools::check() is not enough, and in
fact after building the package and running R CMD build on the .tar.zip
archive
I still get errors (I fixed the title and the description, but apparently
wasn't enough).

Below is the log message I get, I think I have somehow to change the
documentation because latex can't compile it (although I have no idea why
it can't)
and I don't properly understand the complain about the imports.

I don't include them in the NAMESPACE because I call my functions using the
form package::function (e.g. R6::R6Class), which is what I thought is
considered as good practice.

Could you give me some advice on how to fix this note?

Thanks a lot for the help, here is the log I of the errors:

cat simpleroptions.Rcheck/00check.log
* using log directory
‘/home/luca/Documents/r-projects/simpleroptions.Rcheck’
* using R version 3.4.3 (2017-11-30)
* using platform: x86_64-pc-linux-gnu (64-bit)
* using session charset: UTF-8
* checking for file ‘simpleroptions/DESCRIPTION’ ... OK
* this is package ‘simpleroptions’ version ‘0.2.0’
* package encoding: UTF-8
* checking package namespace information ... OK
* checking package dependencies ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK
* checking if there is a namespace ... OK
* checking for executable files ... OK
* checking for hidden files and directories ... OK
* checking for portable file names ... OK
* checking for sufficient/correct file permissions ... OK
* checking whether package ‘simpleroptions’ can be installed ... OK
* checking installed package size ... OK
* checking package directory ... OK
* checking ‘build’ directory ... OK
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* checking top-level files ... OK
* checking for left-over files ... OK
* checking index information ... OK
* checking package subdirectories ... OK
* checking R files for non-ASCII characters ... OK
* checking R files for syntax errors ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded ... OK
* checking whether the package can be loaded with stated dependencies ... OK
* checking whether the package can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking whether the namespace can be loaded with stated dependencies ...
OK
* checking whether the namespace can be unloaded cleanly ... OK
* checking loading without being on the library search path ... OK
* checking dependencies in R code ... NOTE
Namespaces in Imports field not imported from:
  ‘R6’ ‘jsonlite’ ‘knitr’ ‘readr’
  All declared Imports should be used.
* checking S3 generic/method consistency ... OK
* checking replacement functions ... OK
* checking foreign function calls ... OK
* checking R code for possible problems ... OK
* checking Rd files ... OK
* checking Rd metadata ... OK
* checking Rd cross-references ... OK
* checking for missing documentation entries ... OK
* checking for code/documentation mismatches ... OK
* checking Rd \usage sections ... OK
* checking Rd contents ... OK
* checking for unstated dependencies in examples ... OK
* checking installed files from ‘inst/doc’ ... OK
* checking files in ‘vignettes’ ... OK
* checking examples ... OK
* checking for unstated dependencies in vignettes ... OK
* checking package vignettes in ‘inst/doc’ ... OK
* checking running R code from vignettes ... NONE
* checking re-building of vignette outputs ... OK
* checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
* checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... OK
* DONE