[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: [CRAN-pretest-archived] CRAN submission simpleroptions 0.2.0

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Tue Jan 9 09:33:17 CET 2018

On 09.01.2018 09:22, Luca Cerone wrote:
> Dear all,
> I have submitted my first R package to CRAN and I have received the email
> below back.
>
> If I understood the log message correctly, to fix the issues is fairly
> simple:
> - correct the Title using the Title Case suggestion
> - change a bit the description so that "simpleroptions" is not the first
> word in the DESCRIPTION.
>
> Also the mispelled word is the name of my package so I guess that is OK,
> isn't it >
> Before re-submitting and wasting CRAN reviewers time I would like to know
> that with the changes above the package would be good for acceptance.

We see:

File 'LICENSE':
   MIT License

   Copyright (c) 2017 Luca Cerone

   Permission ..

Please only submit the CRAN template for the MIT licernse.

Possibly mis-spelled words in DESCRIPTION:
   simpleroptions (3:14)

Software names should be single quoted in the Description field, but I
doubt you need it as people know your package's namne already.

The Title field should be in title case, current version then in title case:
'Easily manage options files for your packages and scripts'
'Easily Manage Options Files for your Packages and Scripts'

The Description field should not start with the package name,
   'This package' or similar.

Hence less redundancy.

* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... WARNING
Dependence on R version '3.4.2' not with patchlevel 0

Use patchlevel 0 if applicable.

You also left a file in the user'S home dir:
   .simpleroptions_vignette

It is not permitted to write there without the user explicitly
specifying it.

Best,
Uwe Ligges