[R-pkg-devel] Debian: example file is no longer read correctly

Göran Broström goran.brostrom at umu.se
Wed Dec 20 15:32:53 CET 2017

On 2017-12-20 11:11, Blume Christine wrote:
> Dear all,

[...]

> Or can someone tell me how to install the package using R devel on Linux?

Good question (which I missed). I do it like this:

(i) Download and unpack the tarball R-devel.... in ~/src/
(ii) ./configure and make
(iii) Start R-devel:  $ ~/src/R-devel/bin/R
(iv) > install.packages(...)

This seems to install packages in R-devel/library/, separate from your
main R installation. Note that I do not install R-devel.

This is found by trial-and-error. I don't know if it is the recommended way.

Göran