[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: R CMD check and strange ## Not run strings

Georgi Boshnakov georgi.boshnakov at manchester.ac.uk
Tue Dec 19 23:20:28 CET 2017

Sure, but \dontrun's function is to prevent the R tools from running the enclosed code.

How it is rendered is a completely separate matter.  The code in \dontrun is  not required to be executable (or even valid R code), so surely there should be some sort of visual clue in the rendered page. I don't argue whether it should be the one shown now or should be left entirely to the package author, although the current one seems reasonable to me.

Georgi