[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: R CMD check and strange ## Not run strings

Tomas Hudik xhudik at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 17:01:48 CET 2017

Yes, I used oxygen. My point was that a majority of users is not familiar
Rd/oxygen and if somebody sees something like:

```
Examples

## Not run:
modify_message(12345, add_labels='label_1')
modify_message(12345, remove_labels='label_1')
#add and remove at the same time
modify_message(12345, add_labels='label_2', remove_labels='label_1')

## End(Not run)
```

he will be pretty much confused and will not get that it is because of a
special example that couldnt run for any reason.
Whether example run during package compilation might be important for
package creator but not so much for a regular user.

Therefore I think the question is whether a standard user needs to know
whether some code in help page run during the package compilation.

my 2c, Tomas