[R-pkg-devel] nparACT package: "working directory was changed to...resetting"

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 16:19:15 CET 2017

On 19/12/2017 9:42 AM, Blume Christine wrote:
> Dear Community,
>

> For Fedora my package now gives a warning message when running the example:
>

> "Warning: working directory was changed to '/data/gannet/ripley/R/packages/tests-clang/nparACT.Rcheck/sleepstudy_example', resetting"
>

> I do not really know how to approach/solve this, what has recently been changed in R devel so this error message started appearing?

Previously you were allowed to change directory in an example.  Now
you're not.  This makes sense:  the user might not want to change the
working directory.

To fix this, just save the old directory, and restore it at the end of
your example.  For example,

   olddir <- setwd(tempdir())
   # Run the rest of the example code here
   setwd(olddir)