[R-pkg-devel] adding rPython as a suggested package

Slava Lyubchich lyubchich at umces.edu
Fri Dec 1 07:50:28 CET 2017

Hello,

I have a package on CRAN (funtimes) and I am trying to add a function
that uses some Python code (only one function in the package needs
Python, others do not). In order to do that, I
1) add in the DESCRIPTION
Suggests: rPython
2) in the R function, use
rPython::python.load("CRAD.py")
3) put CRAD.py  in the top folder of the package (together with
DESCRIPTION and NAMESPACE).

The automatic CRAN check returns it with notes:
-- Package suggested but not available for checking: 'rPython'
-- Non-standard file/directory found at top level:   'CRAD.py'

Could you recommend how to fix that? Where should I move to the
additional file with code?
https://cran.r-project.org/package=rPython
<https://cran.r-project.org/package=rPython>

Best regards,