[R-pkg-devel] How to include examples that run > 5 secs and contain personal info

Robert M. Flight rflight79 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 15:41:32 CET 2017

There are also lots of ways to "mock" examples / tests. You might give
examples that are "not run" in your code, and then if you want to "test"
the functionality, use "testthat" with mocked tests, that don't involve
hitting the website, except for a single case to make sure that particular
function works.

These might be helpful:
https://www.mango-solutions.com/blog/testing-without-the-internet-using-mock-functions

Also, look at the use of this functionality in devtools:
https://github.com/hadley/devtools/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=with_mock&type=

Hope that helps!

-Robert

Robert M Flight, PhD
Bioinformatics Research Associate
Puller of Rabbits from Hats
Research Parasite
Resource Center for Stable Isotope Resolved Metabolomics
Manager, Systems Biology and Omics Integration Journal Club
Markey Cancer Center
CC434 Roach Building
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY

Twitter: @rmflight
Web: rmflight.github.io
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0001-8141-7788
EM rflight79 at gmail.com
PH 502-509-1827 <(502)%20509-1827>

what the experiment died of. - Ronald Fisher