[R-pkg-devel] Category (Subjection) in R documentation for package

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 00:01:44 CEST 2017

On 02/10/2017 8:10 AM, Mohammad Tanvir Ahamed wrote:
> Thanks.
> But @section makes some section in individual functions help file.

No, I said to put it in the package help file, not an individual
function help file.

  But
> I am in interested to add section in main index file of the package.
> This is more or less like sort functions by alphabetic order on the main
> help index of the package. But here I want to add section by my own, not
> with alphabetic order.

There are at least a couple of different locations where a "help index"
is stored.  One is in the file <...>/html/00Index.html, where <..> is
the path given by system.file(package="yourpackage").  This file is
produced automatically when the package is built or installed (I forget
which), and there's no way to control the formatting at the level you
want.  So a gross hack would be to replace that file with a file of your
own choosing, but you would certainly not be allowed to do that if you
wanted your package to appear on CRAN.

Duncan Murdoch