[R-pkg-devel] R Package Submission Problem

MTurgeon maxime.turgeon at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Sep 27 21:02:18 CEST 2017

Hi Younathan,

You can ignore the first note: it simply says that this is a new package.

The second note highlights a few possible problems with your DESCRIPTION
file. It flags the word "Plasmode" as being possibly misspelled; if it
isn't, you can ignore the comment. Then it points out that the Title
field contains the name of the package; as per CRAN policy, you
shouldn't do that (cf. the manual,
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#The-DESCRIPTION-file).

Finally, the third note says that there is a file in the tarball that
shouldn't be there, namely Plasmode.Rproj. You can control what is
omitted from the tarball using the .Rbuildignore file. In particular,
you could add the following line:

^Plasmode\.Rproj$

Max