[R-pkg-devel] tibbles are not data frames

J C Nash profjcnash at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 23:29:38 CEST 2017

Having been around a while and part of several programming language and
other standards (see ISO 6373:1984 and IEEE 754-1985), I prefer some democracy at the
level of getting a standard. Though perhaps at the design level I can agree
with Hadley. However, we're now at the stage of needing to clean up R
and actually get rid of some serious annoyances, in which I would include
my own contributions that appear in optim(), namely the Nelder-Mead,
BFGS and CG options for which there are replacements.

In the tibble/data-frame issue, it would appear there could be a resolution
with some decision making at the R-core level, and whether that is democratic
or ad-hoc, it needs to happen.

JN