[R-pkg-devel] Errors in Package Check Results due to package in Suggestions

Daniel Lüdecke d.luedecke at uke.de
Tue Sep 19 09:53:53 CEST 2017

Hi,

I have a package on CRAN where most check results are OK except two with
errors (one of those two I'm already addressing).

However, the one of the errors
(https://www.r-project.org/nosvn/R.check/r-release-osx-x86_64/sjstats-00chec
k.html) is because I use the package "rstanarm" for one of the examples, and
running this example fails. What would be an appropriate way to deal with
this issue? My package does not depend on rstanarm, it's "just" a suggestion
because I needed it for the examples. I'm a bit unsure about the status of
these check results. When submitting a package, the maintainer is asked to
address issues from these checks, so I'd like to fix this error. I could, of
course, wrap the example into a "don't run"-section, but this seems to me
like a sloppy hack rather than a proper solution...

Best
Daniel

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts; Gerichtsstand: Hamburg | www.uke.de
Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Göke (Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Dr. Uwe Koch-Gromus, Joachim Prölß, Martina Saurin (komm.)