[R-pkg-devel] CRAN upload and prechecking confusion

Pedro J. Aphalo pedro.aphalo at helsinki.fi
Thu Aug 24 10:39:27 CEST 2017

Hello,

The version currently in CRAN fails the check on for
r-release-osx-x86_64 with ERROR.

https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_multipanelfigure.html
shows this.

In general maintainers are expected to solve ERRORs when submitting a
new version. If this is impossible, then you should explain in the
submission message why you cannot solve the problem that you are in
principle required to solve according to the submission form you fill-in
in CRAN.

As the cause the ERROR is that your package depends on a package that is
unavailable under r-release-osx-x86_64, an explanation in the submission
message should be enough, I think.

Regards,

Pedro.

On 2017-08-24 10:59, Brian G. Peterson wrote:
> On 08/24/2017 02:28 AM, Johannes Graumann wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to submit a new version (0.10.2) of my package
>> (multipanelfigure) to CRAN and have received the following email:
>>
>>> Dear maintainer,
>>>   package multipanelfigure_0.10.2.tar.gz does not pass the incoming
>>> checks automatically, please see the pre-test at:
>>> <https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/170824_085724_mul
>>> tipanelfigure_0102/00check.log>
>>>   Current CRAN status: ERROR: 1, OK: 10
>>> See: <https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/checks/check_results_multipanelf
>>> igure.html>
>>
>> This is confusing. What's the deal breaker?
>> The 2 Notes (which are timing issues related to drawing grid graphics)
>> or
>> the Error on x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0 which is based on the fact that
>> gridGraphics is unavailable for that platform and even more
>> confungsingly seems to be based on the former version (0.9.0) of the
>> package ...
>
> The URL's you've referenced have both expired.
>
> I would suggest re-running your package checks using R-devel on RHub
> and Winbuilder first, and copying any output you receive.
>
> Then it will be easier for others to help you.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian

Pedro J. Aphalo
University Lecturer, Principal Investigator
(Office 4417, Biocenter 3, Viikinkaari 1)

Department of Biosciences
Plant Biology
P.O. Box 65
00014 University of Helsinki