[R-pkg-devel] Package errors

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Aug 22 12:27:35 CEST 2017

On 20 August 2017 at 14:10, Dr. Sushant Singh wrote:
| Hi there,
| This is the first time I am submitting an r-Package and I have received
| this error detail:<https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/
| 170820_191515_VulnerabilityIndex_010>
|
| I am not sure how to fix them. Could you please help me to fix this?

You have

where the WARNING is more serious:

  * checking for missing documentation entries ... WARNING
  Undocumented code objects:
    'vulnerability'
  All user-level objects in a package should have documentation entries.
  See chapter 'Writing R documentation files' in the 'Writing R
  Extensions' manual.

Please read the section, and add the missing manual page.

Next, the NOTE

  * checking R code for possible problems ... [4s] NOTE
  vulnerability: no visible binding for global variable 'Vulnerability'
  Undefined global functions or variables:
    Vulnerability

suggest that maybe you were not careful about case as Vulnerability !=
vulnerability.  In any event you can have undefined global objects.

The other NOTE is about spelling which you can normally ignore.

You can check these things locally too via 'R CME check ...packagename...'

Dirk