[R-pkg-devel] The Help (e.g. links) is not working for my packages

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Aug 10 14:31:50 CEST 2017

On 9 August 2017 at 08:38, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
| Nothing that you've written is reproducible by others.  See if you can
| put together a short self-contained series of instructions that display
| the problems (or just one of them).  It might involve installing from
| Github, or making a package tarball available somewhere.

I am fairly certain I have observed this myself, and I *think* it simply
stems from running R CMD INSTALL (and alike) from a source directory, as
opposed to a tarball.  I filed it under minor nuisance and didn't care too
much either as the official two-step of 'R CMD build ...; R CMD INSTALL ...'
is just that: the official and recommended way. With which things work.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org