[R-pkg-devel] Package required and available but unsuitable version: 'stats'

Maxime Turgeon maxime.turgeon at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 20 17:51:18 CEST 2017

Hi Jernej,

The check errors you get are for older releases of R (3.3.2 and 3.3.3). The issue arises from your requirement in DESCRIPTION that the version of stats should be 3.4.0. Therefore, the solution to your problem depends on whether you really need this requirement on the version of stats or not: if you don't, simply lower the requirements to whatever you need; if you do, then this check error is valid, in the sense that you don't want users to use your package if they don't have the appropriate version of the stats package.

Note that if the latter applies, you should probably change your requirement on the version of R itself: currently you're requiring 3.1, which clashes with you're requiring 3.4 for stats.

Best,

Max