[R-pkg-devel] Using plyr::mutate and dplyr::mutate in one package

Patrick Schratz patrick.schratz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 11:44:22 CEST 2017

Hi guys,

I’m using both ‘plyr’ and ‘dplyr’ in my package, specifically the ‘mutate’ function of each. I use ‘plyr::mutate’  and ‘dplyr::mutate’ in two different functions and import both using roxygen2 notation 'importFrom plyr mutate’ (the same for dplyr). However, I cannot get rid of the warning message

Warning: replacing previous import ‘dplyr::mutate’ by ‘plyr::mutate’ when loading

How is this done correctly?

Cheers, Pat

PhD Student at Department of Geography - GIScience group
Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Germany
Tel.: +49-3641-9-48973
Web: https://pat-s.github.io