[R-pkg-devel] Note about portable file names

Konstantin Sorokin kvs at sigterm.ru
Sun Jun 11 14:18:50 CEST 2017

Hello!

When checking one of my packages I have following message:

checking for portable file names ... NOTE
Found the following non-portable file paths:
  tarantoolr/src/third_party/msgpack-1.4.1/include/msgpack/preprocessor/facilities/is_empty_variadic.hpp
  tarantoolr/src/third_party/msgpack-1.4.1/include/msgpack/preprocessor/iteration/detail/bounds/lower1.hpp

  <skipped>

Tarballs are only required to store paths of up to 100 bytes and cannot
store those of more than 256 bytes, with restrictions including to 100
bytes for the final component.
See section ‘Package structure’ in the ‘Writing R Extensions’ manual.

My question is: Is it possible to be accepted on CRAN with these sort of
messages? To say the truth I have no idea how can I fix them and still have
third party components inside source directory.

--
Konstantin Sorokin