[R-pkg-devel] Proper way to cleanup after build third party components?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Jun 5 14:55:32 CEST 2017

On 5 June 2017 at 12:29, Konstantin Sorokin wrote:
| zstandard is a young project and I think it is a bit to early to assume that
| zstandard library be present in the system. For example on my Ubuntu 16.04
| (LTS) I have libzstd0/xenial 0.5.1-1 but the latest stable release has version
| 1.2.

I use the PPA service on launchpad.net to great effect for that. Take most
recent (packaged !!) version from Debian, adjust debian/control and
debian/changelog ever so slightly, upload to launchpad and use the thusly
generated version on older Ubuntu and e.g. Travis.   I need to blog about that...

| Btw, what about installing cmake on OSX and Solaris in CRAN build farm? Now  it
| is such a ubiquitous and widely used program!

As far as I know, some packages already use cmake. See e.g. this query among
the GitHub-mirrored CRAN packages:

    https://github.com/search?q=user%3Acran+CMakeLists.txt&type=Code

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org