[R-pkg-devel] Package submission - Issue with pandoc in R CMD check

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Sat May 27 17:05:27 CEST 2017

On 27.05.2017 16:37, Spencer Graves wrote:

> On 2017-05-27 9:25 AM, Uwe Ligges wrote:
>> For geometa:
>>
>> If you resubmit without the access to "img.shields.io", we can publish
>> now. Otherweise, as we have not yet managed to get a univesally
>> working pandoc on the CRAN master, we cannot publish your package yet.
>

> Uwe:
>

>        Might it be appropriate to wrap anything that uses
> "img.shields.io" in "if(!fda::CRAN())" in all the relevant *.Rd files --
> with appropriate error messages in functions that use "img.shields.io"?

As I said previously: "This is currently under inspection by the CRAN
team."
We really need to investigate this carefully, including options that we
have to keep the system running with minimal efforts for both the CRAN
team and hundreds of maintainers who are using "img.shields.io".

Note that the functions fda::CRAN() will not identoify the CRAN master
to be CRAN as we do not run checks there and pandoc and "img.shields.io"
is frequently needed for Readme.md conversions.

So just give us a week or two...

Best,
Uwe Ligges