[R-pkg-devel] Latex got me

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Fri May 5 11:47:49 CEST 2017

Hi,
In adding a contributed function to the plotrix package, I keep
getting a latex error:

* checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
LaTeX errors found:
! File ended while scanning use of \HeaderA.
<inserted text>
               \par
<*> \input ./Rd2.tex

! Emergency stop.
<*> \input ./Rd2.tex

*** (job aborted, no legal \end found)

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
* checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... ERROR
* DONE

I thought it might be an errant character in the Rd file, and after
quite a bit of staring at a hex editor, I just retyped the whole
thing. Everything runs okay except for this error. The file ends with
the same line as many other Rd files in plotrix:

\keyword{misc}

and the last character is a line feed (0x0A). If I remove the function
and man page, the error goes away. Thanks to any Sherlock out there.

Jim