[R-pkg-devel] Package Submission: issues with R_registerRoutines', 'R_useDynamicSymbols'

Ege Rubak rubak at math.aau.dk
Thu Apr 13 19:04:20 CEST 2017

Hi,

A few extra comments are below.

On 04/14/2017 12:46 AM, Zhian Kamvar wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> On Apr 13, 2017, at 11:41 , Vineetha Warriyar Kodalore Vijayan
>> <vineethawarriyar.kod at ucalgary.ca
>> <mailto:vineethawarriyar.kod at ucalgary.ca>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ege,
>>

>> Thank you!
>>
>> In the init.c file,  do I have to change 'void' to corresponding
>> declaration?
>>
>> E.g:
>>
>> extern void F77_NAME(datacon)(void *, void *, void *, void *, void *,
>> void *, void *, void *, void *, void *, void *);

I don't think you need to change anything in the generated file. At
least I didn't, and I believe Brian Ripley mentioned that the script
generated fully working init files for hundreds or thousands of packages
with compiled code and only needed manual changes for tens of packages
when they tested it on CRAN.

>> Also, how do I know the package passes the CRAN incoming feasibility
>> as it does not show any warnings or notes on my R CMD CHECK --as-cran.
>> Re submit and see again?
>>

> You can use R-Hub as a way to check your package on the development
> version: https://github.com/r-hub/rhub#readme If you have your package
> on a public remote git repository, you can additionally set up a
> continuous integration service like
> travis-ci: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/languages/r/ and use that to
> check against devel.

I agree that R-Hub is a great solution, and I have used it several times
myself. You can even just use the website to submit a package:
https://builder.r-hub.io/advanced
But the R interface is nice, so it is recommendable to install the rhub
package.
Alternatively, submitting to http://win-builder.r-project.org/ also lets
you test under R-devel.

Best,