[R-pkg-devel] maintainer built vignette

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Fri Apr 7 09:25:50 CEST 2017

Please note that packages with a FOSS licences cannot have
BuildVignettes: no

Such FOSS Packages with a vignette (typically as pdf) need the sources
that produced the vignette.
Hence, if you really want to ship a vignette including code that is
hardly executable on CRAN systems, reply to the auto-rejection message
and explain the situation.

The CRAN team probably will decide to special case the package then so
that the vignettes are not checked.

Best,
Uwe Ligges