[R-pkg-devel] maintainer built vignette

Ian Carroll icarroll at sesync.org
Fri Apr 7 06:15:51 CEST 2017

With `BuildVignettes: no` in my DESCRIPTION and `^vignettes` in my .Rbuildignore, I can squeak through a normal build (no `r_build_args` or `r_check_args`) on travis with just this note:

    * checking for old-style vignette sources ... NOTE
    Vignette sources only in ‘inst/doc’:
      ‘rslurm.Rmd’
    A ‘vignettes’ directory is required as from R 3.1.0
    and these will not be indexed nor checked

I’ll take a NOTE over an ERROR, so I’ll try to submit like this with an explanation. It seems to me like `BuildVignettes: no` should also disable re-building them under R CMD check, but I think R CMD check --as-cran clobbers it.