[R-pkg-devel] .bib file in vignette not found during R CMD check

Patrick Schratz patrick.schratz at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 23:17:40 CET 2017

Thanks Duncan, that was the problem! Although the Rbuildignore entry
pointed to the main dir and my .bib file was lying under vignettes/...
That Rbuildignore entry was a leftover when my .bib file was initially
lying in the top directory and hence was throwing notes during R CMD check.

Afterwards I used full paths in the vignette to specify the .bib location.
This approach works fine until you submit to CRAN which of course cannot
deal with full paths (and you forget about that you used a full path when
releasing).

@hadley
Could be useful as most often you do not think of possible leftover entries
in Rbuildignore...