[R-pkg-devel] Fwd: R-package-devel at R-project.org: RANDR

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jan 24 23:28:54 CET 2017

On 24 January 2017 at 15:11, Cathy Lee Gierke wrote:
| I'm cleaning up the problems in my build, but there are a few I do not
| understand, like this one.  What is this telling me?
|
| --------------------
|
| * checking for unstated dependencies in examples ...Warning in grep("^Xlib:
| *extension \"RANDR\" missing on display", out, invert = TRUE,  :
|
|   input string 4 is invalid in this locale
|
| Error in grep("^Xlib: *extension \"RANDR\" missing on display", out, invert
| = TRUE,  :
|
|   attempt to set index 4/4 in SET_STRING_ELT
|
| Execution halted

| ​Thank you for your assistance,

Those are X11 error messages. How are your running your test? Anything
unusual like a remote connection suppressing display extension such as RANDR
which are usually available at the workstation itself.

In any case, this may have nothing to do with you package per se but as did
not share code or how you ran the tests it is hard to say more.

Best, Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org