[R-pkg-devel] problem with vignette index entries

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 00:23:08 CET 2016

On 26/11/2016 11:40 AM, Paul Buerkner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a problem with the vignette index entries of the brms package on
> CRAN.
>
> The main vignette (called brms.pdf in the inst/doc directory) is not
> correctly indexed as "brms", and thus not accessible via vignette("brms").
> Instead, for some reason, it takes over the name of another of the packages
> vignettes called "brms_distreg". I assume it has something to do with
> "brms" being the prefix of "brms_distreg", but I am not sure.
>
> This happens only when downloading brms from CRAN, but not when building
> the package locally, where vignette("brms") works correctly.
>
> I am thankful for any kind of advice how to fix this problem!

That looks like a bug in the vignette() function.  If you run
help.start(), and click through to the vignette listing for your
package, you'll see brms.pdf separately from brms_distreg.html.

Please post this as a bug report on bugs.r-project.org, and eventually
someone will look into it.  (It might be me, but not in the next few weeks.)

If you aren't already registered to post bug reports there, let me know,
and I'll create an account for you.  Because of spammers, we no longer
allow automatic registrations.