[R-pkg-devel] problem with vignette index entries

Paul Buerkner paul.buerkner at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 17:40:11 CET 2016

Hi all,

I have a problem with the vignette index entries of the brms package on
CRAN.

The main vignette (called brms.pdf in the inst/doc directory) is not
correctly indexed as "brms", and thus not accessible via vignette("brms").
Instead, for some reason, it takes over the name of another of the packages
vignettes called "brms_distreg". I assume it has something to do with
"brms" being the prefix of "brms_distreg", but I am not sure.

This happens only when downloading brms from CRAN, but not when building
the package locally, where vignette("brms") works correctly.

I am thankful for any kind of advice how to fix this problem!

All the best,
Paul