[R-pkg-devel] building binary gives error when trying to load

Rampal Etienne rampaletienne at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 14:49:42 CET 2016

Dear all,

When I try to build a Windows binary in RStudio using R-devel,
everything goes well until the packages is tested whether it can be
loaded. I then get the error:

** testing if installed package can be loaded *** arch - i386 Error:
'\U' used without hex digits in character string starting "'C:\U"
Execution halted *** arch - x64 Error: '\U' used without hex digits in
character string starting "'C:\U" Execution halted ERROR: loading failed
for 'i386', 'x64' * removing
'C:\Users\rampa\AppData\Local\Temp\Rtmp0o1Fm1\temp_libpath1cd445c31688/SADISA'
Error: Command failed (1) Execution halted Exited with status 1.

I have updated RStudio, Rtools and Rdevel,and the problem persists. Does
anyone have a clue how to solve this?

Before I updated to the newest Rdevel, everything worked fine.

Kind regards, Rampal Etienne