[R-pkg-devel] unpacking into a folder

Glenn Schultz glennmschultz at me.com
Sun Oct 30 13:41:36 CET 2016

All,

My package has 5 directories which serve as data folders.  I created source scripts for MBS pass-throughs and UST bonds in the BondData folder rather than create and store the objects as this makes it easier to add more bonds to the example data set.  I have a function called BondLabSet() which runs a function that creates the objects from source in their respective folders.  My question is related to CRAN.

Research CRAN, seems the preference is not set options, create folders which the user is unaware during the install.  However, since BondLab is calling source in the directory installed and creating objects - not creating folders or setting options is running BondLabSetup() during install to create the BondData objects acceptable to CRAN?

Best Regards,
Glenn