[R-pkg-devel] R CMD Check warning about vigentte dates

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 19:00:11 CEST 2016

On 15/09/2016 6:29 AM, Paul Buerkner wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I recently submitted a new version of my package (brms) to CRAN. It was
> accepted by the CRAN team, but multiple operating systems (mainly unix) now
> complain about
>
> "Files in the 'vignettes' directory newer than all files in 'inst/doc':"
>
> I have checked and all the files in "inst/doc" have a newer date than in
> "vignettes". Also,
> the error does not occur when running R CMD Check --as-cran locally or on
> winbuilder.
>
> I am very grateful for any ideas how to fix that.

This is a new test in R-devel, and it's still undergoing some
refinement.  It has issued some false warnings when there are problems
reading the modification time of a file -- not all files have valid times.

I think those are now fixed (as of revision 71254); if you're seeing
problems using a newer version, I'd appreciate seeing a copy of the
tarball that causes them.