[R-pkg-devel] Regarding Fortran 77/95 Codes for building R package

MTurgeon maxime.turgeon at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 28 22:03:17 CEST 2016

Hi Vineetha,

The key part of Writing R extensions is section 1.2.3., especially the
following sentence: "Packages making use of Fortran 90/95 features
should use file extension.f90or.f95for the source files".

Incidentally, your question has already been asked on this mailing list:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2007-December/047695.html.

Best,

Max