[R-pkg-devel] Regarding Fortran 77/95 Codes for building R package

Vineetha Warriyar Kodalore Vijayan vineethawarriyar.kod at ucalgary.ca
Thu Jul 28 21:30:18 CEST 2016

Hi,

 I'm new to programming and now trying to build a R package which uses Fortran 95 codes ( gfortran 6.1 compiler) with a view to submit to CRAN at some point of time. I did go through the "Writing R extension" manual and got an impression that the codes must be in FORTRAN 77.

I would like to know if I can proceed with my fortran 95 codes or do I have to change everything into FORTRAN 77.  I would really appreciate if you can provide a right direction how to proceed.

Thank you,

Vineetha