[R-pkg-devel] Possible mis-spelled words ...

Jim Lemon drjimlemon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 00:50:51 CEST 2016

Hi all,
I had a quick look through the tools package, but was unable to find
the function that checks the DESCRIPTION file. From the look of the
functions I did examine, it looks like there will be a call somewhere
to a spell checker for DESCRIPTION. As I notice a lot of spelling
mistakes in the help files, spell checking is probably not done for
most files (or maintainers ignore the notes). Perhaps an argument to
turn off spell checking (--nospell) might solve the problem as
misspelling of a crucial word would throw an error regardless.

Jim