[R-pkg-devel] What's recommended to do on "Suggests or Enhances not in mainstream repositories: ..."?

Balamuta, James Joseph balamut2 at illinois.edu
Sun May 22 02:49:46 CEST 2016

Greetings and Salutations Marius,

For implementation help with “Additional_repositories”, which lacks a bit of documentation, please see:
http://thecoatlessprofessor.com/programming/r-data-packages-in-external-data-repositories-using-the-additional_repositories-field/

Under this approach, I am able use `imudata` package [https://github.com/smac-group/imudata] to build the vignettes within the `gmwm` package [https://github.com/smac-group/gmwm] with the suggests field filled in as: “Suggests: imudata”. Otherwise, CRAN would not accept the `gmwm` package as-is.

(Regarding the package size claim, there really are not that many packages greater than 5 mb… For some figures on this, see: http://thecoatlessprofessor.com/programming/size-and-limitations-of-packages-on-cran/ )

Sincerely,

JJB