[R-pkg-devel] Best approach to cascading errors

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.tu-dortmund.de
Wed Apr 6 21:08:31 CEST 2016

On 06.04.2016 18:26, Pedro Aphalo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> At the moment three of my CRAN packages are reporting a NOTE. Although
> reported as a NOTE they are errors triggered by yesterday's update to
> 'lubridate'.

Right, it was my fault not looking carefully enough at reverse check
results - and of course the origibal package maintainer should havbe
looked in advanced anyway.
I wrote him a message earlier this day asking to fix on his end or send
you an email.

> In reality only one of the packages needs to be updated to resolve the
> problems in the three packages. I am getting ready to submit an updated
> version of package 'photobiology' to solve the problem. My doubt is it
> worthwhile to increase the version number of the two packages that
> depend on it, even they do not need any code changes only changing in
> the version number in the import of 'photobiology'? or is it abusing of
> CRAN's admins patience?

Please only fix the one that needs fixing, all other do not need to be
changed then.

Best,
Uwe Ligges