[R-pkg-devel] checking PDF version of manual

Patrick Giraudoux patrick.giraudoux at univ-fcomte.fr
Sun Jan 31 20:20:40 CET 2016

Le 31/01/2016 16:28, Patrick Giraudoux a écrit :
> Le 31/01/2016 15:58, John Nolan a écrit :
>>
>> Years ago I had a similar problem.   I had to manually install some
>> font using the MikTex Settings program.  I think I also had to run
>> the administrator version of this, not the regular user version, or
>> the font didn't go in the right folder.   I don't remember details,
>> but perhaps this will help.
>>
>> John Nolan
>> American University
>>

> Yes thanks; this is true for installing; the standard account does not
> give appropriate warnings and subsequent proposals for MikTeX package
> installation if missing, but does it as administrator. However,  that
> is part of the truth only (;-), now works fine as administrator, but
> still not under usual account (even after having resfreshed FNDB and
> updated formats... following Uwe's instructions, see earlier mails).
> Suppose matter of access rights. Will see that with our computer
> professionnals in the lab tomorow Monday morning...
>
> Will inform the list thenafter in case it may help other users

At last found a way round... Actually gave administrator rights to the
standard account. Then updated using MikTeX update (admin); new files to
update appeared and these files were then visibly copied somewhere in
the 'AppData' folder of the standard account; then rcmd Rd2pdf worked...
Went back to the adminstrator account to give back standard rights to
the standard account.

Works now !

Looks like there is sometting either weird in the way MiKTeX manages
installation or weird in the way I manage with MiKTeX.