[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check yielding different results for me than CRAN reviewer

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Tue Jan 26 20:54:22 CET 2016

On 26 January 2016 at 14:03, Adah Zhang wrote:
| I am running R CMD check (and also with the --as-cran flag), which results
| in all OK's in my 00check.log. However, after submitting the package, the
| CRAN reviewer tells me of a warning/error regarding one of my examples
| (which is easily fix-able if I got the warning myself).
|
| How do I ensure that all warnings, errors, and notes are addressed if I do
| not receive these when running the standard checks or when testing the
| examples myself? Is there a standard order of commands that a CRAN reviewer
| goes through aside from 'R CMD check'?

"Use a different computer."

That is not as flippant as it sounds because

 -- thanks to Uwe you have r-release and r-devel on Windows just one ftp
    submission away

 -- thanks to Carl and yours truly you can also try a variety of Docker
    containers for R including r-devel prebuilt and even SAN/ASAN/UBSAN
    flavours

 -- the remainer of campus should offer some choices too though that relies
    on your local contacts.

Sometimes these things are of course also due to something else but as you
supplied nothing concrete or reproducible I cannot be more specific either.

Hope this helps.  It's the right list for the question.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org