[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check NOTE - Long paths in package

Charles Determan cdetermanjr at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 22:04:23 CEST 2015

I'm glad to see this discussion.  Unfortunately in the short term I cannot
remove the nested files (as Dirk implies with the BH package) as it would
require restructuring the c++ library and make it far more difficult to
maintain.  Unless there are other suggestions I will need to hold off on
submission until such a time that OSs that use obsolete tools are no longer
supported out-of-the-box (as Peter says).  I will likely just continue to
maintain the package on my gitub until CRAN would accept the longer paths.

Charles