[R-pkg-devel] [[openmx-dev]] Re: openmp

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon Aug 24 17:14:10 CEST 2015

On 24 August 2015 at 11:02, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:
| Currently, we have a configure script for package OpenMx that only
| enables openmp if gcc is the compiler (OS X only). Nice to hear that
| openmp is supported on Windows.

Interesting that you opt to ignore OpenMP support on the platform that
probably supports it best ...

| Are there any CRAN packages that actually compile to openmp enabled
| binaries on CRAN? I'd prefer if we weren't breaking new ground here. I'd
| love to copy an already working configure script instead of trying to
| write it for the first time.

edd at xmcorsairs:~/CRAN$ grep -l openmp */src/Makevars*
FRESA.CAD/src/Makevars.win
laGP/src/Makevars
maptpx/src/Makevars
mvnfast/src/Makevars
ndl/src/Makevars.win
PropClust/src/Makevars
rpf/src/Makevars
SOD/src/Makevars.in
SOD/src/Makevars.win
edd at xmcorsairs:~/CRAN$

That is highly incomplete as I didn't even bother tp grep configure scripts.
Maybe you can take it from here.  Gabor's excellent MetaCRAN also gives you
search tools.

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org