[R-pkg-devel] Bug? Makevars ignores FC=mpif90

Ignacio Martinez ignacio82 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 19:25:18 CEST 2015

Hi,

I'm learning to develop R packages that use Fortran (and MPI). I recently
asked a question on stack-overflow and I was told to contact this list with
a followup question.

When I add to src/Makevars the follwoing line

FC=mpif90

Rstudio ignores it when I click `Build and Reload`.  But, if I create a
Makevars file in a .R/ directory in my$HOME directory with that line,
Rstudio uses mpif90.

Is the fact that R is ignoring the src/Makevars a bug? If not, am I doing
something wrong?

Thanks,

Ignacio

PS: I hope this is the right place to ask this question.