[R-pkg-devel] new maintainer sought for maps packages

Alex Deckmyn alex.deckmyn at meteo.be
Mon Aug 3 09:11:31 CEST 2015

Hi,

I have made a beta version of the new maps package available at
https://github.com/adeckmyn/maps/archive/v3.0-beta.1.tar.gz.
If things go smoothly, I will probably submit it to CRAN early September.

I will also announce and clarify this on R-sig-Geo.

- Martin, the old data base is now called 'legacy_world', but can alternatively also be accessed as 'world' by calling world.legacy(TRUE) or by an environment setting. The last is meant for people who need to run code quickly without editing it.
- Jon, I quite liked the suggestion of enabling ISO3166. I have added a simple table and lookup function which could be used as
> map('world',region=iso3166(c('BE','NL')))

There will soon be an updated high resolution map too (it is already accessible in a test package https://github.com/adeckmyn/mapdataNE).

Alex
---
Dr. Alex Deckmyn e-mail: alex.deckmyn at meteo.be
Royal Meteorological Institute http://www.meteo.be
Ringlaan 3, 1180 Ukkel, Belgium tel. (32)(2)3730646