[R-pkg-devel] new maintainer sought for maps packages

Ray Brownrigg Ray.Brownrigg at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Fri Jul 31 11:52:53 CEST 2015

I have been somewhat surprised by the number of positive responses to my
message.  I have found a candidate for the position of maintainer of the
maps, mapdata and mapproj packages.  I have confidence that Alex Deckmyn
<alex.deckmyn at meteo.be> will do at least as good a job as I have done in
this regard.

The current (recent) releases of the packages still have my name as
maintainer, but the address specified points to my (now) old work
address which will autorespond to say I have now retired.  However in
practise, I will still be able to read and respond to such emails for
the foreseeable future.

Among other improvements, Alex is working on setting up a more accurate
"world" database for maps and will submit this once it has been fully
tested.

Thanks everyone for your support.
Ray Brownrigg