[R-pkg-devel] new maintainer sought for maps packages

Ray Brownrigg Ray.Brownrigg at ecs.vuw.ac.nz
Wed Jul 29 21:07:50 CEST 2015

I am about to retire from my 'day job' and will therefore have little
further association with acadaemia/research in general or R in
particular.  I am currently maintainer for the 3 mapping packages maps,
mapdata and mapproj.

Is there anyone out there who would be willing to take this on?

I have had an offer from someone who is prepared to act as a backup in
the case that nobody else is interested, as a better option than letting
those packages become orphaned.  However because he has a young family
at home he has indicated that he would gladly defer to someone who had
the time and inclination.

The 3 packages have recently been updated to incorporate changes
necessitated by the R-devel version of check.

So please reply as soon as possible if you may be interested in this.
Note that from next week, my official address will auto-respond to
indicate I no longer work there, but I will still have access to that
account and will be checking it during August (but not September or
October).

Ray Brownrigg
School of Engineering and Computer Science
Victoria University of Wellington
Wellington, New Zealand