[R-pkg-devel] SystemRequirements and .R/Makevars

Martyn Plummer plummerm at iarc.fr
Fri Jun 19 14:59:54 CEST 2015

Dear Ramon,

You should be able to work around this by putting the line

CXX_STD = CXX11

in the package's Makevars file (or Makevars.win for Windows). The idea
of putting SystemRequirements: C++ in the DESCRIPTION file was to
provide a shortcut for packages that have no Makevars file. From your
description, it sounds like this shortcut has the unintended consequence
of overriding the user's Makevars file.

I will look into it, but you can make this task a lot easier by telling
me which packages using C++11 are affected and give me some examples of
specific Makevars entries that are ignored.

Martyn