[R-pkg-devel] "apparent S3 methods" note in R CMD check

Xavier Robin robin at lindinglab.org
Fri Jun 12 10:54:14 CEST 2015

On 10/06/15 16:12, John Fox wrote:
> Is there any way to suppress the note without removing all.effects()?

Dear John,

I raised this question on the Rd list a couple of months ago and didn't
get an answer (when asking the CRAN maintainers directly they suggested
to rename the functions).
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2015-February/070630.html

However I recently realized that the tools:::.make_S3_methods_stop_list
function seems to contain a list of non methods. A quick try seems to
indicate that adding my methods there suppressed the note.
I am not sure how to get a function included in the list or if there is
any policy. I am planning to report a bug on Bugzilla and see what happens.

Best wishes,
Xavier

--
Xavier Robin, PhD
Cellular Signal Integration Group (C-SIG) - Linding Lab