[R-pkg-devel] R CMD check "no-nanny" option?

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Thu Jun 11 16:55:08 CEST 2015

On 11 June 2015 at 09:15, Kevin Coombes wrote:
| Grumpy Observation: In reaction to (1), I went to CRAN and randomly
| clicked on a dozen packages to see how many of them follow this rule.
| Half of them violate it explicitly, mostly just starting with "This
| package...".  Most of the rest get around it by starting with a sentence
| fragment that omits the subject (which is _implicitly_ "this package").
| Only one of them started with a complete sentence that gave the
| background of the problem the package was intended to solve.

Also look at the Date: of those packages -- CRAN Policy changes have always
been implemented on a rolling basis.   So new(er) packages conform to new(er)
tests, updates are always never forced on already-uploaded packages.

The communication of such changes is not quite what I liked it to be. But
if you care you can subscribe to the output stream of a cron job I have
watching over this:

  https://twitter.com/CRANPolicyWatch

If you don't like twitter subscription you can still glance at that page.
I should probably do the same for the SVN source of Writing R Extensions in
R-devel...

Dirk

http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd at debian.org